Monday, April 14, 2008

Missing My Home

Photos taken by "Me" when I lived at the beach....
I'm feeling sad right now...I'm missing my home at the beach! This weekend was so HOT out in the '909' and I don't have central ac! Not good during 100 degree weather! My wall unit didn't help much! I just miss being able to come home from work and ride my bike to the beach (that was 1 mile away) and cruise along the boardwalk enjoying the beauty! I miss my friends who are still out there, that I don't get to see very often anymore! I think I'm most lonely because my family has moved away! My sister and her family moved back to Mississippi last weekend, my mom moved to Washington the weekend before (after she got married), and my brother and his family live in Iowa. I, of course, stayed in California! I love it here...but I miss everyone so much! If anyone wants to come visit me...I have a guest room waiting! :) Love you all....

3 comments:

Reed and Kelli said...

Awww, Jode- Im sorry you're feeling lonely. I went through a strange season when my family moved from CA to Boise (even though I was here in Nashville)....I felt uprooted and my "home" was no longer there or available to go back and visit. Theres something nice and secure about "home" always being there for us....but then how selfish that is for me to think that way or want nothing more for my family. Hmmm....i dont like getting older and having to deal with things like this.

p.s i REALLY love your pictures! Ive been trying to do a storyboard like that for a while, but cant figure it out. Will you share your secret?

love you.

Mary M. from St. Louis said...

Jody,
So great to hear your Mom got married, but I'm sure you are very lonely without her. Please e-mail me!

selle said...

awww...hey it's roselle (from biola)...u left the beach too?! why? we went hb to 909 too. haha. i have an etsy. have you check out my shop? http://sweetnovember.etsy.com