Friday, July 3, 2009

bearing fruit

So I was outback today, checking out the sprinklers in my backyard (which need to be replaced asap) and noticed that I have a grapevine growing out there! Seriously, how cool is that!!! :) Hey, maybe I should start making wine for a living! haha, jk! :) No, but finding these grapes reminded me of a passage of scripture in the Bible and I thought I would share it with you...

John 15:1-11
Jesus Is the Vine - Followers are Branches

[1] I AM the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
[2] Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit.
[3] You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
[4] Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
[5] I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing.
[6]If anyone doees not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
[7] If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.
[8] By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
[9] Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
[10] If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
[11] These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.


Isn't it awesome that little things like finding a grapevine in your backyard can lead us back to scripture and the love of God!!! :)

No comments: