Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend


Goodness, I feel like I packed in a lot this past weekend. It was a long weekend for Memorial Day and I enjoyed it! Saturday, Carissa and I drove out to the San Diego Wild Animal Park and had fun seeing all the animals and taking photos:
Carissa and I on our way to do the "Journey Into Africa" tour....
the leopards sleeping in the shade
not sure what the giraffe is doing
the gorilla that loved to pose, decided to pick its butt for the photo! - nice one! :)
not sure what this little critter is, but he was cute!
the sleeping flamingo
check out the rhinos!
lions sleeping on an old jeep


Some Random Photos Inside the Park
Reflection
Hot-Air Balloon
Waterfall

Later that night, we met up with our other friend Kristy who was house-sitting in SD for the weekend (and we were going to stay with her). The three of us went to Old Town San Diego for some good Mexican food...and spent the evening having good discussions about our faith and life in general :) Very good times!
The Three Amigos!!

Carissa and I drove back home on Sunday afternoon. I came home and cleaned around my house, continued to unpack (which is taking me forever), and then took a much needed two hour nap! Then I spent the rest of the evening watching movies all cuddled up on my couch. I stayed on the couch most of Monday too...just relaxing.

All in all, it was a great weekend! I wish it could've lasted a bit longer...as I'm sure you all do as well! I hope your weekend was as fun as mine!

1 comment:

Reed and Kelli said...

Oh I LOVE and MISS San Diego! What a fun little weekend you had :)

I loved the "reflection" photo- very cool Jody! And the pictures with you girls wearing the hats...too cute!

I loooove that you have this blog! Have a great week girl!

xoxo