Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on what God has done for us, and give thanks back to Him for all His provisions.

This year I was blessed by being welcomed into the Bethany Baptist Church family. This church, the wonderful people, have been such an encouragement in my life. God led me to them, and they showed His love through their welcoming arms. The words of encouragement, the inclusion in the Sunday night Bible study, boot camp, the women's ministry, and the young adults group...I haven't had a church feel like a family like this since I was in high school! I am so thankful! This family of believers is exactly what I needed in my life! Without all of them, and without my Rock, my Savior Jesus Christ...I would be lost right now! So THANK YOU! Thank You, Jesus, for loving me and giving me this precious family that I needed in my life!

This Thanksgiving I was also able to spend the day with another family that is so very dear to me, the Matlock family. They are such wondeful people, and I truly feel like part of their family. With my immediate family spread out across the country, the Matlocks have welcomed me into their family. What a special day this was, eating yummy turkey and all the fixins, and hanging out with such wonderful people. Thank you, Matlocks, for loving me the way you do! I am so blessed by you all!
Me & Judi Matlock

I am so very thankful for all my family, all my friends, and all that God has provided for me. Sometimes I get down and feel depressed, that things aren't going my way. When I finally realize how selfish I'm being, I see how truly blessed I am! God has given me so much to be thankful for, I can only pray that I will continue to have open eyes, and an open heart to see all He has blessed me with.

1 comment:

Kristy Matlock said...

we love you too!
and its about time you changed your blog:)!!