Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Surprise

This year I made a few stops on Christmas Eve.

The day started off with a work-out to an exercise video. I did a bit of sweating off some lbs (or at least I like to think I did! haha). I then headed out to run a few errands at a few stores, and grabbed lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Then I headed out to my first Christmas Eve party stop...
I arrived at the Matlock house around 5pm. I was able to spend some time with their family, exchanged some gifts, and also wish the twins a Happy Birthday...as they were born this day! After a couple hours with this wonderful family, it was time for me to head over to my Gramma's house.
(Me and Annie in front of the Matlock's Christmas tree...I have on reindeer antlers and Annie is Santa. Aren't we cute!)Growing up, we always spent two days with the Vasquez family...we would celebrate Christmas Eve together, and then come back the next day for Christmas Day celebrations (usually we started the day after Christmas for this extravaganza). As we all got older, we stopped having the big two day get-togethers, in fact we rarely all got together after that. Kinda sad! Well this year, we unfortunately had a death in the family. My Grandpa Vasquez died. So we knew that my Gramma would need some family around her this time of year. So all the family members that live local decided to surprise her with a Christmas Eve family get-together. We had a great time! My Uncle Dave and Aunt Linda came out from Pismo and were staying with her. When the three of them arrived back at the house after going to the Christmas Eve service at church, I was the first to knock on the door. When Gramma answered she was so surprised to see me! She opened the door with smiles and welcomed me in. Soon after, more and more family members arrived surprising her with their presence. She was so happy!! We had a great time together, watching her open our presents, singing Christmas carols, reading the Christmas story from the Bible, eating some homemade chili spaghetti, taking pictures, and chatting with each other. Hopefully we will continue to all try to get together for Christmas in the future, as I really enjoyed spending this special time with my special family!The cousins (who could make it out) with our GrammaMy dad's brothers and sister with my grandparents pic in the background

No comments: