Sunday, March 14, 2010

HB Kite Show

After waking up too late to make it to church this morning, I got up, got ready, and headed out towards the beach. I was excited to have lunch at one of my favorite spots, but when I arrived I was sad to see it went out of business :( So sad! But I hit up another favorite instead, Rubinos pizza by the slice. When I walked in, the owner was so excited and said "JODY!!! Long time, how are you? Do you want your usual?" It was great to be remembered! I used to frequent there often when I lived on the Peninsula. Oh how I miss living out there! Anyway, lunch was very satisfying...and then I was off to have more fun.

I cruised along PCH with the windows down
and the wind in my hair!
What a beautiful day!

I just love days like this, where the sun is shining and you can feel the warmth on your skin, yet there's a cool breeze that just makes it PERFECT! Man, I LOVE Southern California!!!

After driving around HB, making a few stops at my favorite local thrift stores, I found a parking spot and walked down Main St. in HB. The place was crowded! Everyone was out enjoying the sunshine today! Down on the sand they were having a kite show! It was so cool, I don't know how they can do it without their lines getting all tangled together. Simply amazing! Check out this video of the show...

Kite Show Video


Kite Show Snapshots
Pretty cool, right?!?! I don't think I've flown a kite since I was a kid...and even then, I don't think I was able to keep it flying for very long. I may need to try it again! :) I feel inspired by the show today!

So my day was pretty great! I love days back in HB where it feels like home! I miss living out there, but am always happy to get to visit!

No comments: