Wednesday, November 16, 2011

the first snow...

I've been in Washington for one week now exactly...and today we had our first snowfall of the season!Moving out of Southern California and up to Eastern Washington made me a little nervous...because of the weather and season differences. I'm used to sunshine and warm weather year-round. Now I have to get used to real seasons, including snow! I've never lived with snow before. It is fun to visit for a day or weekends in the mountains, but I don't know what its like to live with it day in and day out for a whole season. So I'm sure it will take some getting used to.I have to admit that the snowfall today was kind of exciting! I had checked the weather forcast early this morning and it said snow would hit late morning. Sure enough, when I peered out the window in the afternoon flakes were drifting down and the ground was white. My mom and I quickly got on our shoes, put our lil doggies in their sweaters and snow coats, and went outside. We took some pictures of our lil ones in the snow...Annie had been in snow before, but it was lil "baby's" (still unnamed) first time. They were shivering and their little paws were frozen when we brought them back inside. But it was fun for us! LOL :) It was chilly outside, but fun to be out there enjoying the first fall. It was definitely a beautiful site to see!
I think I'll get used to having seasons, and will probably really enjoy it! Its just a little adjustment from sunny Southern CA! :) But...NEW ADVENTURES, right!?! Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow! (as long as I don't have to do the shoveling! lol)

No comments: