Monday, November 14, 2011

New Chapter...New Adventure

It's been nearly a week since my big move....

A couple months ago I started packing up my house. I was laid off from my job back in January and haven't been able to find any work since. Then the house I was living in was being put up for sale by the owners. So I began packing, knowing it was only a matter of time before the house would sell.

After lots of packing, an exorbitant amount of boxes, and a tired body from all the work, moving day arrived. The house went into escrow and it was time to move on. So with the help of my amazing friends and parents, I put most of my stuff into storage, packed up my step-dad's truck along with my car, and made the big move to WASHINGTON!

My whole life has been lived in Southern California, so this move to Eastern Washington is huge for me. I have mixed feelings about it...it was very hard to leave. But I know its what needs to happen right now, and good things are ahead.

I arrived in WA last Wednesday night, late, and have been settling in slowly. I have moved into my parents basement, which is a furnished 1 bedroom apartment. It's super cozy! I'm still in the process of unpacking boxes, but I'm taking my time. I feel like all I've been doing lately is packing...I'm kinda over it. LOL :) It'll get done, hopefully, by the end of the week.

So far so good here in WA. The weather hasn't been too cold, which is good since I'm used to sunny CA. The first day was high 20°s, but today was 50°. I'm nervous for the snow to come, not sure how I will like living with it. Hopefully I'll adjust quickly. It has been fun wearing sweaters, coats, hats, and scarves...gotta love all the fun winter accessories! :)

So I've started a new chapter of my life up here in Washington, and am looking forward to new adventures it will bring. God has been so good to me...He's provided for me every step of the way. I get down sometimes because life hasn't always turned out how I had planned...but God's plans always turn out better than mine. :) He is leading me down a new path where I'm sure lots of exciting things will happen. I'm looking forward to this chapter unfolding, with new stories, adventures, and plain'ol life to happen. Be on the lookout for new posts on this new adventure in WA! :)

PS...please pray that I can find a good job up here soon!! :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: