Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cozy Crochet

Growing up in Southern California with the warm and perfect weather year-round has been wonderful! I just love it there. It has been a little bit of a shock living in this chilly weather up here in Washington, but I must admit that its kinda nice being able to bundle up.

I've been here a few weeks now and it has snowed twice and the other days its been consistently in the 30's-40's....sometimes low 50's. This week's forcast is 30's though. So last week I looked online for some free crochet patterns for a cowl scarf to make. I found one that I thought would be fun to wear, and so I got the supplies and got started.

I spent a few hours working on it, and trying to refresh my memory on how to crochet since its been forever since I'd last made anything. I've made a couple beenies, scarves, and afghans in the past but the stitches were basic and I didn't add too much too them. This time the stitches were still pretty simple, but I learned how to make button holes! It was actually easier than I thought it would be, but I'm still happy I could do it! :) So now my lil neck will be cozy and warm this week with the cooler weather rolling in...

No comments: