Sunday, November 30, 2008

gobble-gobble

Mmmmm, don't you just love Thanksgiving dinner? It's one of my favorite meals of the whole year! I think its funny that even though its one of my favorites, I only have it about once a year...why is that? I guess it makes it all that more special when you don't have it very often...you appreciate it more. Well, I appreciated it a great deal and I ate A TON!

My first Thanksgiving meal this year was in the office with my coworkers. We had our lunch on Tuesday, and we had a yummy potluck. Its always nice hanging out with everyone, I feel like we bond so much more when we do big group activities. We sat around the big tables, ate our turkey and mashed potatoes...and all the other yummy stuff, and chatted for a little over an hour. It was a nice long lunch visiting with everyone. I'm very thankful to be working at this office with such wonderful people!!(tom's christmas gift)I was very blessed to spend my Thanksgiving Day with family. I was a little depressed when I realized that I wasn't going to have my immediate family around this year for the holidays, but God still blessed me once again and I was able to spend time with family anyway.

First, I got to go visit my Grandparents and have lunch with them, and I invited my cousin Cathy to come with me. I'm so glad that we got to spend the afternoon with them, it was a very nice time! I love them dearly! Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for being so wonderful...and thank you for giving me such an amazing mom! You two have been great role models and I am so blessed to have such godly and wise grandparents. I love you so much!!!
Happy Thanksgiving...I give thanks for YOU! lunch at Mimi'sGrandma & MeGrandpa & CathyThen, my sweet cousin Christy invited me over to her house for Thanksgiving dinner this year, and it was fabulous! So much good food! However, she did make me try GREEN BEANS and SWEET POTATOES....so NOT my favorite! Green beans were actually the one vegetable I swore I would NEVER eat again in my life! I don't know how she convinced me to try them {she's good at that}. But I have to say that they didn't make me throw up...or gag for that matter! So I guess they weren't all bad! hahaha :) No seriously, they were ok, but I don't think I'll be eating them again anytime soon. Sorry, I just can't do it. I'll stick with my regular meat and potatoes! :) Anyway, the night was great...I had a ton of fun hanging out with everyone, and so did Annie. Well, Annie had fun attacking the other dogs {she might be a little thing, but she's a big bully!}. I hope you too had a very special day with family and friends!!
my second plate of food...
yeah, I ate WAY TOO MUCH!we didn't feel so good after all our pigging out!Me & Annie with Christy & Minnie
{our babies had on the cutest sweaters} Annie's Thanksgiving sweater...isn't it so adorable! :)

No comments: