Friday, June 13, 2008

I hate diets

Ok, so I decided that I need to lose weight! I was out shopping this week, or should I say returning :) and the gentleman behind the counter, who was helping me, said "oh no, don't lift that I'll get it for you"...man, I thought, he is so nice! Yea, then not 5 seconds later he said, "oh by the way, congratulations on the baby!". NICE...he thought I was pregnant! So that was it...I've had too many of those instances so its time to take charge! I have cut out sodas, cut back on carbs, and have increased my fruit and "yucky" vegetables (I hate vegetables!). I went grocery shopping and stocked up on all my necessary food products needed to achieve the weight loss. I started going to the gym, which I'm excited about, because I really do enjoy it once I'm there...its just hard getting there cuz I'm tired after work. Anyway, I also have this book that has been helpful called "Eat This, Not That!". It definitely came in-handy today when all the girls went to lunch at Chick-fil-A. I was able to choose healthy and still enjoy what I was eating! Its great because the book is small enough to keep in your purse so you can pull it out whenever you're in contact with food to help with your choices :) So...wish me luck on this new journey of dieting...or should I say, Healthy Living! :) Hopefully I'll drop some pounds here soon since summer is here and I'll want to go to the beach! :) So I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress, but week one is going good so far...I feel better even if you can't see a difference yet!

No comments: