Monday, June 30, 2008

Date with my Aunt & Uncle

So my Uncle Marvin called me earlier today and asked me out on a date :) He and my Aunt Joyce are in town visitng from North Carolina. Anyway, they came and picked me up and took me out to dinner at The Hat - super yummy (and totally not on my diet plan, which made it taste even better!-oops!). It was such a great night! You know its weird, I don't think we've ever just sat and talked like that before. Usually we're at a family get-together and we do some casual talking, but really nothing like this. It was so nice to spend 3 hours just visiting with them, learning a little more about their life and adventures, and getting helpful tips from them that were very encouraging and will hopefully enhace my creative skills. I loved the time we just spent together, but wish we had more time to spend. It should be your family who you know the most and who know you the most. I sometimes lose sight of that. I think I take my family for granted a lot and don't take advantage of the time we're blessed with, with them. I'm am just so glad that I had this time with my Aunt & Uncle tonight. I am, however, a little disappointed that I forgot to take a picture with them. I kept trying to remind myself throughout the night to remember to take one and then only remembered as they were driving away. Oh well, I'm hoping to see them a couple more times this week before they leave so I'll have to get one then :) I'm sure I'll have more posts to come! heehee

Uncle Marvin and Aunt Joyce,
Since I now know you read my blog I would like to say thank you for a wonderful visit! I hope I can come and visit you soon out in NC. I know you have had some exciting experiences traveling the world and being missionaries and I would love to hear more of your stories...and see some photos! :) I'm actually quite sad that I've never taken the time before to truly get to know you and would like the chance to do so. Thanks again for asking me out on the date, it was so great to see you and spend some quality time with you. I love you guys!

No comments: