Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1+2+1=4

During my morning hike with my cousins today, up in the Claremont hills, we were making our way up the hill and sure enough...there was a DEER crossing the path! Yes, you heard me...a deer! How cool is that?!!! We were super close to it, its just too bad I didn't have my camera with me. It was so peaceful, just mosying on its way through the brush trying to find some breakfast :)

[that's 1...]

THEN...

So today I saw my very first coyote! Yep, that's right...my very first one! I was pretty excited, and very glad that I was inside a car and safe from it! After our hike, we drove to Cathy's office so she could pick up some papers she needed for the day. As we were driving into the parking lot, there was the coyote running across the golf course - with golfers stopped in their tracks watching it run by/inbetween them. I thought it was pretty cool!

THEN...

As I was leaving my cousin's house tonight (midnightish), there was ANOTHER COYOTE running down the center of 11th Street! Um, hello!!!!...can we say STOKED! So cool to not only see my very first coyote today, but then to see a second one! Awesome!!

[that's 1+2...]

and THEN...

As I continued my drive home tonight, totally amazed that I had just seen another coyote, I nearly ran over a possumm that was in the middle of the street! GEEZ, what's up with all the wildlife today??

[that's 1+2+1=4]

...4 wild animals in ONE DAY!

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool day seeing all the wildlife! :) I'm reminded of how awesome God is, just by seeing the creatures He created right there in front of me...these animals that don't usually all show up in one day, ya know? The beauty of the deer crossing the path seeking food...the coyotes running through public places on a journey of their own...and the possumm on his nightly prowl seeking survival - Life in all shapes and sizes is all because of our Almighty God. How blessed was I today to see part of His beauty right before me! :)

Psalms 42:1
As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee, O God.

I will leave you with this thought...if you find time within the next couple days, I encourage you to read through Genesis 1 just as a reminder of God's Creation and how mighty He is! We all know the story, but sometimes we just need to reflect on it again and just take time to truly appreciate even the little things that He created, like the gross possumm I saw today, the beautiful deer, and the scary coyotes! All created with a purpose unknown to me, I am so glad that I was able to appreciate God by seeing them. I hope you too will be blessed and touched by things you see this week. Please take a few minutes to read through this chapter, it won't take you but a few minutes and I think you will be glad you did. I always find it nice to sit outside in nature (backyard/frontyard, anywhere you want) while reading it so that I can soak up all the goodness as I'm reading. You'll see, as you're sitting under the beautiful sun & sky, and the breeze sweeps by...its pretty impossible not to feel His presence! :) I pray you feel Him walking with you during your week!

Take time to appreciate the little things!! :)
No matter how little they may be to us, they are big to God!

1 comment:

selle said...

yes, yes i always think of the beauty God has created...especially when i'm on my runs and i see little bluejays flying by...

but as for coyotes...oh dude, i'm scared of those.