Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I AM BLESSED!
Although my dad passed away nearly 16 years ago, I have not been left fatherless. I have been blessed with amazing influential men in my life, one man in particular is my sweet friend and father-figure Tom Matlock. I have known him my whole life (since birth) and have been taken care of by him in the last few years like I was his daughter. Tom and Judi are very loving and caring individuals who God has blessed me with and knew I needed in my life. They call me their adopted daughter, and I love it! Today I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with them and their family celebrating Father's Day. We had a bbq and ate some really tasty food, watched Tom's grandkids play in the pool, and we spent some time in fellowship with one another. It was a beautiful day! Tom, I love you and thank you for all your love, support, encouragement, and guidance you've shown me throughout the years. You are a true friend and have been a father that I needed when mine couldn't be here anymore! Thank you, and Happy Father's Day!

Me and TomTom with his twin sons (the other two sons live in TX)Tom's grandkids...


I was also able to talk on the phone with another special man in my life...my new stepdad Ray-Ray. My mom remarried a little over a year ago after being widowed for many years. Ray has been a blessing to not only my mom, but our whole family. He has been a wonderful addition to our family and I couldn't have asked for a more loving and wonderful stepdad! He is the most thoughtful and caring man I think I've ever met! God has truly blessed me again by this man. Ray-Ray, thank you for welcoming me into your life as a daughter. I appreciate so much the lengths you have gone to in helping me with the job hunt, the understanding and care you showed me during some hard times I've faced this year, and the love you've shown me throughout the time I've known you. We all feel blessed to have you in our lives and I'm so thankful that God brought someone so amazing into our family! :) Happy Father's Day, Ray-Ray! :)

Then this evening I was able to spend some time at my cousin's house celebrating Father's Day with their family and my Uncle Bill. We had a nice time catching up, reminiscing, eating yummy bbq food, and enjoying each other's company. It was a great way to wrap up such a wonderful day. I love my family so much and thank God every day for blessing me with such amazing cousins! Don and Cathy have been such best friends for me this year. They too have welcomed me into their home and made me feel like one of their own :) Thank you for being so wonderful and allowing me to be a part of your lives! You two are so special and have truly been a blessing this year! I love you guys!!! Happy Father's Day Don! :)

I do wish that I could've spent this day with my dad, but our Father in heaven wanted him at His side...And who wouldn't? :) He was an amazing man! :) I am sad that he is no longer here with us, but do feel so priviledged and blessed to have had the 14 years with him that I did. My dad was awesome! I had the best childhood with the most loving and amazing parents! My most special memories are those from when I was a child spending time with my family...whether it was at home, outside playing pickle, camping at the beach or Yosemite, at church, watching my dad play softball with the men at church, enjoying time cuddling on my daddy's lap...just a few of my favorites! Life is good, and life is short. Don't take for granted what you've been blessed with, you never know how long you'll have it. Take time to appreciate your fathers, not just today but everyday! Enjoy the time you have together and make lots of memories! :) And remember to thank God for all you have!

John 1:12-13
[12]But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
[13] who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.


I may not have an earthly father anymore, but I have an eternal Father in Heaven who loves me and has saved me! You too can have this...John 3:16.
Thank you Jesus for all your blessings!

No comments: