Wednesday, June 17, 2009

happiest place on earth...

D I S N E Y L A N DLast night, two of my very sweet friends, Thiam and Holly, joined me on a fun-filled evening at Disneyland! After VBS (which I will blog about at the end of the week) we headed out to The Happiest Place on Earth! We arrived, and the park was packed!...Crowds everywhere! Not really my cup of tea to be there when its super crowded, but it didn't matter...I was so excited to to finally get to Dland again, as it had been about two years! And we had a great time! The girls taught me some tricks to do while on certain rides to make them a little more exciting (you'll have to go to Dland with us sometime to learn them) and we had lots of laughs! It was so fun to be there with them, chat about life and family, and just spend good quality time together. I love these girls! Thanks ladies, for such a fun evening! Let's do it again soon!

The MatterhornTea Cups
(No, I didn't actually go on them...this is the one that doesn't move! You wouldn't want me to throw up, would you? heehee)Thunder MountainIndiana Jones
(check out the worker posing in the background! haha)FantasmicPirates of the Carribean
There's a poem that I found in my dad's Bible, attached with paperclips to the front page, and it goes like this (author unknown)...

HUGS
It's wondrous what a hug can do.
A hug can cheer you when you're blue.
A hug can say, "I love you so"
Or, "I hate to see you go."
A hug is "Welcome back again,"
And "Great to see you! Where've you been?"
A hug can soothe a small child's pain,
And bring a rainbow after rain.
The hug, there's just no doubt about it -
We scarcely could survive without it!
A hug delights and warms and charms,
It must be why God gave us arms.
Hugs are great for fathers and mothers,
Sweet for sisters, swell for brothers;
And chances are your favorite aunts
Love them more than potted plants.
Kittens crave them, puppies love them;
Heads of states are not above them.
A hug can break the language barrier,
And make travel so much merrier.
No need to fret about your store of 'em;
The more you give, the more there's more of 'em.
So stretch those arms without delay
And give someone a hug today!

No comments: