Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Encouraging Statements

STATEMENTS I HEARD TONIGHT THAT ENCOURAGED ME:

~Its the things you don't choose, that make you who you are.
~Its never too late to become what you might have been.
~I am a great sinner, but Christ is a great Savior.
~You are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpants and innocent as doves.


We could all use a little encouragement here and there, and these statements were great to hear. I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately, trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I'm going to be thirty in 46 days and I don't feel like I've really done anything important or exciting. I wake up, go to work everyday for 8 hours, go to the gym, come home turn on the tube and watch either a movie or a tv show, then go to bed. What kind of a life is that? I do get together with friends once or twice a week...so that's good. But seriously, is that statement true...Its never too late to become what you might have been? If yes, then what am I waiting for? Oh wait, what am I supposed to be? I've always wanted to be a wife and mom...that hasn't happened. Well, that's not something I can just go run out and do, it takes another person to want the same thing. Hmmm...now what? Well, I can't make that happen right now, I know its all in God's timing. So instead, I've decided that I can make the little things happen...

I've always wanted to go to Europe...so I'm now going to Paris in September! :)
Trip to Europe - CHECK!

I've been wanting to get back into shape...
Go to the gym every night - CHECK!
Sign up for a 5k - CHECK!
Change my diet - CHECK!

I miss the beach and friends out there...
Spend a day at the beach - CHECK!
Hang out with Manny and Michelle - CHECK!


Well, its a start at least. I'm getting myself out of the house more, trying to see and do new things. Who knows...maybe I'll meet my prince charming while I'm out and about one day! :) A girl can dream, can't she?! heehee :) No but seriously, I'm looking forward to taking charge and getting active in my own life. I'm looking into taking a couple classes that interest me...not for a grade, but for pure enjoyment. I love doing certain things, being creative and such...I'm realizing that I should take that and stretch myself, learn more, use what I have and improve upon it. And who knows how God will use those gifts...but if I don't use them and make them better, then not only will I let myself down, but I'll be letting down God. Hmm, how many other areas in my life and I doing that? I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but its exciting to think about!

Anyway, I hope you too can be encouraged this week, as I have been tonight. There's always light at the end of the tunnel, but you gotta get off your butt and go through it to get there! A little work never hurt anyone! :)

1 comment:

Allison Vasquez said...

Awesome! I was going to suggest that you travel. It's something that Troy and I did (a lot) before we had Mia and we'll never regret it. If you're going to Paris, I would suggest taking a day trip to a small country town (we took 3 days and visited Amboise). The people outside of the big city are so wonderful and you really get a feel for France that you don't get when you just visit Paris. If you haven't been to England, you should go. We really enjoyed The Lime Tree Hotel and seeing all the shows at amazingly cheap prices. Oh, and when my mom went to Paris, she did something really fun . . . she went to a salon and asked them to give her a haircut to make her look Parisian. They did an amazing job. It was the best haircut she's ever had! I'm glad you're getting out there!