Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chuck E Cheese, Junk'n, Movies and More...

I had a great weekend spending time with my friends! It all started out on Saturday morning...

I slept in, which is unusal for me, and got a little bit of a late start. Late morning I met up with my friend Sarah and her two little girls at Chuck E Cheese in Costa Mesa. We played games for a few hours there and had so much fun! Little Joey and Abbey are so adorable! They were having a great time playing, but Abbey had the most fun just putting all her tokens in the machines! She was so cute...she didn't care about playing the game, she just loved the tokens! Sarah and I also had fun playing too...ski ball was our favorite, although we did enjoy the sketch booth where we took quite a few pictures and they came out as sketches. Fun times! So we hung out at Chuck's and had some lunch and played a little bit more. Then it was time to head on out to the fabulous thrift stores!I'm not sure why we are raising our hands here...we were just being silly
Sarah and I LOVE to go junk'n! We have our favorite thrift stores that we have to hit while she's in town (SaveMore is the best). We found so much stuff, it was great! The girls were having fun shopping too...they got lots of new clothes and some new toys! It was fun! Shopping lasted quite awhile, as we are serious shoppers and get our hands dirty digging! :) It was great! I'm in heaven when I'm thrifting! Anyway, after a few hours at the one store, we checked out and headed over to Sarah's mom's house where she's staying while out here on her visit. We put the girls to bed, chatted with her mom for a bit, and then headed back out. We got our favorite chili cheese fries at "Anita's", before heading out for more fun.After Anita's, we went across the street to the Goodwill and got a little crazy there! We had fun trying on sparkly dresses...heehee :)We finished off the night with a movie, "Swing Vote". It was good, but a little long. Well, it could be that we thought it was long after our LONG and TIRING day of shopping. But we had fun taking some more pictures :)On Sunday my plan was to get up and go to church...but again, I slept in. I'm not sure what's going on with me, I never sleep in. I had turned off my alarm clock in my sleep and woke up kinda late. So again, I wasn't out of the house until the afternoon. I met up with a couple girlfriends, Carissa and Kristy, at Victoria Gardens where we had lunch at Johnny Rockets, hung out at the library (they had to study and I read a magazine), and then we went to the movies and saw "Mamma Mia". Such a cute movie!! I've been wanting to see it for awhile, so I'm glad I was finally able to go :) I love musicals, and Meryl Streep is one of my favorite actresses! Anyway, my friend Kristy also gave me my birthday present...my birthday month has begun! :) She is so sweet, she got me a Paris journal, a London travel book and some little travel accessories that I will need on my 30th Birthday Trip to Europe (London and Paris)! I'm so excited for the trip, I can't wait! Thanks Kristy for my very thoughtful and sweet gift! I love you!! :)So it was a great weekend, but I'm tired now. Too bad the weekends aren't a little longer so I have some time to rest after all my fun outings! :)

2 comments:

Growler said...

I love you too, girlfriend. Happy bday month!

Bridget said...

I remember you always had the cuttest style in high school. I remember asking where you got a dress and you said the goodwill. You could pull off anything:)