Sunday, August 17, 2008

My 30th Birthday FUN!

Hi Friends and Family, Here's the summary of my very special 30th birthday yesterday!

The day started off with breakfast at Mimi's with Tom, Judi, Kristy, Luke and Tad. It was so nice spending a couple hours visiting with them, opening presents, taking pictures, and eating yummy food. Tom got me a great gift(and was very proud of it, and very excited to give it to me)...my very own box of Cherrios (my favorite cereal)! :) Very sweet! I love to keep a box of Cheerios at my desk at work, and snack on it throughout the day. He knows me well.Judi gave me the cutest Vera Bradley bag that I will be using as my carryon for my flight to Europe. Inside some more goodies, to use for travel, and some spending money as well. Very sweet and thoughtful! Thank you Judi and Tom!! :)

After my wonderful birthday breakfast, I headed over to my friend Carissa's house where we played a little Miss Pacman and Asteroids (I think that's what its called) while awaiting Kristy's arrival. I'm so bad at video games, but it was fun :) Once Kristy got there, we piled into the car and headed out towards Temecula to do some antique shopping. We had fun walking through the stores, and eating yummy gelato...and of course taking pictures (they are good sports). We also had a very tasty lunch at a little Italian restaurant/deli. I had a great time hanging with my girlies!! Thank you Carissa and Kristy for spening the afternoon with me, and making my day special! And thank you for my presents :)

Later that night was dinner with my cousins (Christy & John, Cathy & Don, and their friend Stacy) at the King's Fish House at Victoria Gardens. My cousin Christy's birthday is today, and so we had a dinner last night to celebrate her 40th bday! They were sweet and celebrated my birthday too :) We exchanged some gifts:
Thank you Christy and John for my bangles and necklace! I love them...and they are SOOOO ME!! :) And thank you Christy for the Coach purse! I LOVE IT!!!! :)Thank you Cathy for my scarf/wrap/sarong (you know I'll get creative with it) :) You made me laugh when you were trying to make it a top, that was so great!...I will research online how to make it work like that :) Its beautiful, thank you! :)

We also had really good food (NO I didn't have any fish...are you crazy!!!), walked around Victoria Gardnes and went into a few stores, hung out at the Yard House for a bit, and then headed home. Cathy and Don hung out at my house for awhile chatting, which was great!, and then they headed home.

I had such a great birthday! Thanks again to everyone who made it so special!

I also received more birthday mail...
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Hyde for my card and money! It will be spent wisely in Paris! :)
Thank you mom and Ray for my flowers, card, and photo magazine subscription (I'm so excited to get it!).
Thank you Stacy for the cutest little dress for my dog, Annie! She loves it and it looks so cute on her! :) It was great hanging out with you again!
Thanks to all my friends who posted birthday wishes on my myspace and facebook...and sent me text messages - that is so nice!

Wow, so far 30 is great! I'm really looking forward to this next year...and decade! :) I hope its true what everyone has been telling me...that my 30's will be the best years of my life! I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

Growler said...

I'm so glad we got a chance to hang out this weekend. Hope you had an awesome birthday!

Mrs. R said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a fabulous time on your trip!! I can't wait to read all about it.