Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thirty, Flirty, and FABULOUS!!! :)

Wow, I never thought this day would come....

I'M 30!!!!!

Well, as much as it saddens me that I'm growing old(er)...
I think that my thirties are going to be great!

I'm
Thirty, Flirty, and FABULOUS!!!
I've definitely been making some decisions lately about how I want my thirties to be.

1. I will no longer sit around on the weekends wishing and wondering "what if", I will get out there and make my wishes come true!
(well, as much as possible)

2. I will travel the world and see new places that some only dream of!
(Paris, here I come...only two more weeks and I'll get a stamp in my passport!)

3. I will spend more time with my family and get to know those who I should know the best! (immediate and extended family)

4. I will continue to exercise and eat right, and work towards having a healthy lifestyle
(my doctor just told me that I'm on the right track...I've already lowered my cholesterol by 100!!! and have dropped just about two dress sizes!!! - praise God!)

5. I will live for the future, and stop holding on to the past! (bye bye twenties, hello thirties!)

6. I will learn to appreciate all that God has blessed me with and be content with what I have!!!!

Well, that's a start! :)

Oh wait, the most important of all...

I WILL FIND A MAN!!! - heehee :)
that's where the "flirty" part comes in!

In all seriousness, I am trying to be content being a single woman, having a career, supporting myself, and being independent....but its hard when the desire of my heart is to be married and have a family. So if you think about it, you can pray for me for that...being content and appreciating the life I have right now. I really do want to appreciate the time God has given me to grow as an independent woman, and I hope that I will use this time wisely and for His glory! :) All the love and support I've received over the last week has been amazing and has really started to change my perspective...as I was feeling a little depressed. I went out to dinner with my cousin Cathy on Thursday night and she was really encouraging about all this. Thank you Cathy! :) Anyway, I know that God has something great in-store for my life, I just need to be patient and wait on His timing!! :)

So the day has come that I enter into the world of thirties...and its been one of the best birthdays I've ever had! Thank you to everyone who made me feel so special this last week by celebrating with me! I love you all!!!

Now, off I go to celebrate my day with my girlfriends....but first things first, I'm having breakfast with my stand-in parents, Tom and Judi!

More birthday blogging to come...probably late tonight! :)

2 comments:

dannyandjessie said...

I love reading your blogs. I feel like a get to know you a little better ever time! I'm so excited for you and for what God has in store for you. You're such an amazing girl and I'm so glad that you are really seeing that too. Keep up all the great work. By the way, you look awesome! Congrats on the weight loss, i know that's really hard. Love you so much!!

Your sis,
Jess

selle said...

happy 30th!!!!! :)